Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Tubes For The Babies...

After talking to the ENT (Dr. Stumpe) this past Monday and our family doctor along with the audiologist, we decided to have the tubes put into their ears. We feel it is the right thing to do for them. They are not passing their hearing or having any middle ear movement due to fluid. Somedays there is more fluid then others which does effect how they hear.
They can hear and they respond well to us but their hearing everything muffled, they did explain that they may be startled the first day or two because they are not used to hearing so clearly.
I am a little nervous but it is a very routine surgery and we will be in and out in about 4 hours. The actual surgery/procedure is only 15 minutes per child.
It will be done at Surgicare Center on Monday, April 6, 2009.
I hope they are not to cranky and all goes well, it will just be Mommy with both of them.
Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck!! Everything will be fine I'm sure. Lemme know if you need anything! :)

    ReplyDelete